Looking to unwind after a long day at work? Searching for a fun spot to meet up with friends? As a Denver local, I put together this guide to my top picks for happy hours in the city and the surrounding metro areas. From local eateries to late night haunts, I've got you covered on where to head after work or on the weekends to unwind over discounted drinks and snacks. Keep reading for my list of the 10 best happy hours in Denver, top late night spots, and top choices in the suburbs.
The 10 Best Happy Hours in Denver:
1. Steuben’s - This hip local joint offers $2 off draft beers, wells, and glasses of wine from 3-6pm Monday through Friday. Nosh on their famous mac & cheese for only $6.
2. El Five - Enjoy spectacular views from their patio while sipping $5 margaritas, sangria, beer and select wines from 4-6pm Monday through Friday.
3. LowDown Brewery + Kitchen - With $2 off drafts and glasses of wine from 3-6pm, Tuesday through Friday, this is a prime after-work spot. Their giant soft pretzels with beer cheese are only $6 during happy hour.
4. Uchi Denver - At this contemporary Japanese restaurant, score half-priced drinks and small plates like sushi and skewers from 5-6:30pm daily. This is one of my favorite Denver happy hours.
5. Il Posto - This modern Italian spot offers $5 draft beers, well drinks, and glasses of wine, plus $8 bruschetta and $10 meatball sliders from 3:30-6pm, Monday through Friday.
6. Opinion Brewing Company - Enjoy $1 off pints and $6 snacks like empanadas and wings at this laid-back brewery daily from 3-6pm.
7. Dos Santos - With a hip taqueria vibe, score $6 tacos, $5 margaritas and $1 off Colorado drafts from 3-6pm Monday through Friday.
8. Woodie Fisher Kitchen & Bar - Savor $5 wells, drafts, house wines and cocktails plus $8 flatbreads and $6 fries from 3-6pm daily.
9. Adrift Tiki Bar - Escape to the tropics with $3 PBRs and $5 island cocktails and wines from 3-6pm Tuesday to Saturday. Pupus start at $6.
10. Bronco’s Mexican Restaurant - At this lively cantina, score half-priced appetizers and $1 off margaritas and beers from 3-6pm Monday through Friday.
BONUS: 11. Vesper Lounge - Enjoy half-priced drinks and sharable plates all day on Mondays at this hip spot. Try the $4 Gyro Sliders with feta, tzatziki and olive tapenade. On weekends happy hour is open - 4pm and open - 6pm on weekdays.
Best Late Night Happy Hours:
Postino WineCafe has $5 wine and $3 BelgianDrafts after 8pm on Monday and Tuesdays. Pair with bruschetta, $5.
Ophelia's Electric Soapbox - This hip underground bar has a 10pm to close daily late night happy hour with $2 off drafts, wells, and wine. Late night bites like their Prosciutto Flatbread are $8.
Punch Bowl Social - Every night from 10pm to close, score $3 domestic drafts, $4 wells, and $5 Punch Bowls. Munch on half-price shareables like the loaded tater tots.
ViewHouse Ballpark - This lively sports bar offers a daily 9pm to close late night happy hour with $3 Coors Light and Miller Lite drafts and $4 wells.
Top Happy Hours in Surrounding Areas:
Boulder: enjoy The Cup's daily 3-6pm happy hour with $5 margaritas and small plates.
Golden: Barrels & Bottles offers $1 off drafts 3-6pm Monday through Friday.
Morrison: The Fort Restaurant - This historic spot has a daily 3-6pm happy hour with $5 draft beers, well drinks, and selected wines. Enjoy half-price apps like the smoked trout dip.
Littleton: Breckenridge Brewery & Pub - This popular brewery location offers daily 3-6pm happy hours with $1 off all Breckenridge draft beers. They also have a tasty late night happy hour from 9pm-close with the same $1 off drafts. Pair your beers with half-price wings or $2 off appetizers like the dip trio. It's a lively spot for after-work drinks.
Highlands Ranch: Coyote Cafe - Monday through Friday from 3-6pm, sip on $3 domestic drafts, $4 craft drafts, and $5 margaritas. Pair with their famous queso for $6.
Lakewood: Las Tortugas - For tropical vibes, stop by this Floridian-style dive for daily 4-6pm happy hour with $1 off drafts and discounts on shared plates like conch fritters.
Aurora: La Cueva - Their authentic Mexican cantina offers daily 3-6pm happy hours with $1.50 tacos, $2.50 Tecates, and $5 margaritas.
Brighton - Moe's Original BBQ - This Southern BBQ joint does daily 3-6pm happy hours with $2 macro drafts, $3 wells, and half-price Moe-ritas. Try the smoked wings for only $5.